The AL-KO motorhome chassis, offering higher payload capacity and better comfort and handling, is now available with the Mercedes Benz Sprinter (in addition to the Fiat, Peugeot, Citroën, Volkswagen cabs), and now also available as a 2- or 3-axle version.
AL-KO claims that the performance of this lightweight chassis provides a significant increase in safety. It is based on a hot-dip galvanized lightweight chassis with a wide track chassis with independent (torsion bar) wheel suspension.
The advantages of the AL-KO chassis in the Mercedes Benz Sprinter include:
- Increased payload: The AL-KO lightweight chassis with a permitted gross weight of up to 4,500 kg (2-axle) or 5,500 kg (3-axle) enables a significantly higher payload.
- Custom dimensions: Variable wheelbases and overhangs in conjunction with the offered axle and frame gauges enable a customised solution for nearly all motorhome bodies and layouts for optimal axle distribution.
- ESP:The electronic stability program ESP is also available for the 2- and 3-axle AL-KO-CHASSIS based on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter as a standard additional safety feature for all AL-KO chassis variants. The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter with its AL-KO lightweight chassis also offers a multitude of other intelligent driver assistance systems.
- Wide track chassis: The larger rear axle gauge, up to 210 mm compared to the original series chassis, has optimal driving stability and driving dynamics, thus ensuring the best possible safety and outstanding driving comfort.
- Trailing arm axle: The optimally coordinated AL-KO trailing arm axle with independent wheel suspension and torsion bar suspension ensures convincing, car-like suspension comfort. For the highest demands for comfort, the new Air Premium full air suspension system with automatic level control, lifting/lowering and auto-level function is also available as an option.
- Long service life: The hot-dip galvanised chassis construction guarantees the finest corrosion protection.
- Easy to service: Bolted frame parts are easy to service and ensure short periods of downtime for repairs.